Sanctuary cities are those cities that limit how much local law enforcement can comply with federal immigration authorities. In other words, they are cities who are harboring illegal immigrants and also limit the ability of police to do their jobs. Sanctuary cities are a national security risk and pose a threat to the American public:
- Illegal immigrants are responsible for 5% of federal murder convictions
- Illegal immigrants are responsible for 30% of federal kidnapping convictions
- Illegal immigrants are responsible for 18% of federal drug trafficking convictions
- Kate Steinle was killed by a 5-time deported illegal immigrant
- Twice-deported illegal immigrant, Luis Bracamontes, murdered 2 police officers
ACT for America is working with elected officials on a number of legislative bills in the Senate and House to stop dangerous sanctuary cities.